Ledecky won Gold in 800 m freestyle broken his own world record

Katie Ledecky created history as the simply second woman to gain 3 individual freestyle events at a single Olympic Games on Friday night while she properly secured her 2012 gold in the 800m freestyle. She raced to 8 minutes, 4.79 seconds to lower the world record for the 5th time.
Ledecky joins American Debbie Meyer in the 1968 Mexico City Games, to win 3 individual freestyle gold medals in one Olympics. She as well ties distance swimming greats Janet Evans and also Brooke Bennett as the only U.S. women to win back-to-back 800m freestyle Olympic golds.

"I’m simply so happy," Ledecky told after the race. "I’ve simply had so much fun this week not just in the pool but just with my teammates. The memories mean a lot more than the medals to me here. I’m simply so proud of my teammates and also exactly what we all have done this last week.”

No comments:

Post a Comment