Simone Manuel is 1st African American woman to won individual swim gold

Simone Manuel created history in the pool on Thursday night, as she become the very first African American woman to gain an Olympic gold in single swimming event.
“The gold medal wasn’t simply for me. This was for people that emerged before me and motivated me to remain in the sport,” she stated. “For people that think that they can’t do it. I really hope I’m an inspiration to other people to go out and try swimming. You could be very good at it.”

She as well told she was aware about what her win designed in the present political climate in the US. “It signifies a lot, particularly with what exactly is going on these days, some of the concerns of police brutality,” Manuel told. “This victory hopefully brings trust and change to a few of the issues which are going on. My color just comes along with the region.”

No comments:

Post a Comment